Course reference: laupdate2018
LA Update with Dr Jean Mooney
- To update the Podiatrist in the safe, effective and efficient administration and use of local anaesthetic and emergency drugs.
- To revise the basic anatomy and physiology of the nervous system, especially of the lower limb and foot.
- To review the range of the POM drugs that can be used to achieve local analgesia, and treat anaphylactic shock.
- To review the various techniques used to achieve LA in the lower limb and foot.
- To understand the principles of patient selection for LA.
09.30 Introduction: Pharmacology of LA
10.45 Coffee break
11.15 Pharmacodynamics: LA techniques in the lower limb and foot.
12.30 Lunch break
13.30 Pharmacodynamics: Adverse Effect of of LA and Pharmacokinetics of LA Administation
15.15 LA Equipment, Legal issues of use of LA
16.30 End of event - issue of CPD Certificates
Downloads from this event are only available to people who attended the event.
Sign in to access your account.
||Kettering Conference Centre, Northants, NN15 6PB